Monday, March 02, 2009

Meeting Outside the Box

One of my favorite things about blogging is the friends I've made. My black box friends as I like to call them. I have more friends in this black box than I do outside of it. Seriously. This weekend one of my black box friends became an in real life friend.

For about a year now I've been reading Emily's blog. Her love for her family, the Lord and that quick wit sucked me in immediately. =)

Yesterday, I got to meet her. In person! Loved her, loved her husband and their children. I don't think I've ever met sweeter and more polite kiddos than theirs. I also thought it was pretty amazing that Jim would hold my baby. Very cool. No wonder she calls him Rockin' Jim.

We got to Seattle early and walked around a bit. We were headed back to our van when their rig turned the corner. I had no idea what they drove but just knew it would be them. They pass us and wave and Josh got a kick out of that. "Um, how did she know it was you?" Maybe because she's seen our picture a bajillion times on here?

Sweet new friends.
Wow, look how much taller she is than me!! (Just kidding, Emily...) My husband is going to love that he looks like he's the tallest in this picture. Funny that he's actually the shortest. (please ignore the fact that my baby has no socks on.)
Jaylee and her favorite treat. It was her first time having cotton candy (that I can remember) and she raved about how it was her favorite. Silly kid.
We toured the Science Center in Seattle, had some lunch and headed to REI to hang out out of the rain.
Jim and Emily's kids were so patient with Jaylee. She loves kids older than her and followed them all over. Within minutes of meeting them she says, "do you want to take my picture?"
Hello, annoying child. I'm reminding myself that she's three. This passes, right?

Josh loved getting to know Jim. I loved that he had a boy to talk to that he gets along with who has common interests. My husband is amazing but doesn't have many close friends. It was fun to see him getting along so well with another guy.

Six hours was not enough, cannot wait for camping in July!

9 comments:

Growin' With It said...

green with envy...for both of you! loved seeing your 2 sweet faces together. what a fabulous day for your families. can't wait to hear what emily has to say about the marvelous y.o.u.!

Gayle said...

You know I'm totally jealous, right? The first thing she said was, "Gayle, you'd love her!" And then she said something along the lines of, "I felt really old." HA HA!

Never "Society" Norm said...

That is really cool!!! I am sure it must have been a bit uncomfortable for ya. It woulda been for me!!!:) You are a brave girl to venture out of the comfort zone to meet someone you only knew online:). That is great!

Sara@iSass said...

Oh you lucky duck!
How COOL that your families got together!
And you are going to go camping this summer?
That is really neat.
Most my black box friends live far far away...boo.
Smiling for you though!

Maria said...

cute title.. and I'm so glad you guys got to meet.. I am not jealous at all.. well maybe a teenie tiny bit.. but I am happy for you both!!! :)

Sarah said...

I was never uncomfortable! I loved it! And I love knowing that we have reservations in July and Emily is stuck with me! =)

So fun.

Anonymous said...

Man, I've got to check out Emily's blog now. She sounds great.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

That is so cool Sarah!
And someday I intend to meet you too!!...since we are on the same side of the Cascades :)

Corie said...

How awesome.
Even better that your whole families were able to meet!!!

Wish we were on the west coast too!!!