Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Time Off

I feel like a complete moron whenever I want to complain.


I've got it so good.


But I've got my days, man. I've got my days.


This week hasn't been easy. And it's only Wednesday.


By Monday afternoon I was wanting to pull the hair out of my head and the girls' too. It was just one of those days.


The husband, knowing me so well, told me to run my errands. Alone.


Wise, wise man I married.


I ran my errands and I was in such a sour mood. While waiting in line at the postal center I go to I had time to randomly decorate the envelope I was mailing. That made me laugh out loud. I get a little delirious when I'm in a bad mood and the dumbest things can make me crack up. Decorating Emily's envelope did that for me.


When I got home Josh asked me what I needed. What would help.


"A day. Just one day. To myself. For myself."


I know, I sound extremely selfish. But it's true. I'd just like a day to not have to make breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or nurse. Or change diapers. Or comb tangly, curly hair on a child who has an extremely sensitive head.


Yuck. Reading over my words makes me wanna kick myself.


But it doesn't mean I still don't want that day to myself.


Josh told me to go for it. But Amber's reminder on Facebook that I'll need to hook up the inverter to the car battery and to my breast pump brought me back to reality. It could be interesting to have a day alone.

Guess we'll see what happens, it is only Wednesday...

5 comments:

Growin' With It said...

ahh, but then comes the days of school. here i sit, had time all to myself for hours now and cannot wait til that sweet yellow bus pulls up.

if i learned one thing as a mom to itty bitties...it was to take those days..EVERYONE needed me to! ☺

Brittany said...

That is my dream. I want a hotel room booked for one day. Stocked with magazines, a novel and my choice of movie rentals. I want nail polish and lots of chocolate. I would eat, sleep and just be a girl to my little hearts content. Yeah. I see that happening.

Maria said...

Emily is right... take me away with you and your baby ! :)

Corie said...

I think every momma needs a day to herself every now and then....
I've had a few lately and it is refreshing. Even with a nursing baby, I've just pumped and let Keith give her a bottle or two, while I am out.

Makes me a better mommy, to get away. When I come home, I really really appreciate who is waiting for me.

Liberty said...

It is so NOT selfish for you to have a day to yourself. I know that it feels like it, but it is very important. This is your sanity we are talking about. Believe me, I know. :)