There are some of you out there who just read blogs to read them. To enjoy the thoughts, pictures, etc. of others. But you don't find yourself in any way attached to the people whose lives you read about day after day, year after year. You're just here to read and there's nothing wrong with that.
However, I'm not one of those people.
I read the words, hearts and lives of several women and I become attached. Their heart is my heart.
My husband knows many of you by name, can recognize you by your picture and knows what you did last weekend. I talk about you as if we are all just regular ol' pals.
I've had the blessing of meeting a few of you. Hearing your sweet voices, hugging you, camping with you, shopping with you, eating sushi with you (blech) but there are many of you that I've just not met face to face yet.
This hasn't stopped me from loving you, praying for you, laughing with you, rejoicing with you and crying with you. You are my sisters in Christ and I'm honored to know you, even if it's only through the internet.
For about two years now I've been reading Amy Beth's blog. To read her blog is to fall in love her, it just is. We couldn't lead lives any more different but her posts-her heart...they draw me in. She's funny and she's sweet. One day a post can be about how high her hair is and the next she can be talking about her relationship with Jesus. She'll write about her puppies, former boyfriends, her singleness, what it's like to have Mono, the Wii, her cooking (in)abilities, her college girls...
and then the next minute she's talking about a disease that's threatening to take away her chance at having children of her own one day.
Ovarian Disease.
Through Twitter today I found the blog of a girl who knows Amy Beth personally. Today's post is dedicated to Amy Beth. Today, Jenn Leigh asks if we'll commit one hour of our day tomorrow to pray for our sweet friend.
So, I'm committing to do just that.
Will you please join me?
2 comments:
Thank you so much, sweet Sarah. More than you know.
I will - my version of prayer, for 15 minutes just now, and an hour tomorrow.
Post a Comment