Tuesday, April 27, 2010

happy girl..happy me

happy tuesday!

so far so good for today. no one is bleeding, broken or bawling. amazing!

and my dishes are done, that always makes the day wonderful.

my sweet, little, soon-to-be two year old woke me at 6 am letting me know she'd dropped her pacifier. i fumbled around for it with one sleepy eye open. didn't find one. remembered i had one in my sweatshirt pocket. plugged her back up and she fell back to sleep.

my nearly five year old was snuggled up with her daddy in bed and i couldn't go back to sleep. so, i finished up some dishes (by hand since our dishwasher is once again on the fritz.) made the pioneer woman's sour cream pancakes, some bacon and brewed some coffee.

morning silence is so peaceful. it's one of my favorite things. so often i find myself snuggling in bed and missing out on being up before anyone else in the house. today reminded me why i need to be up early.

yesterday was such a frazzled day and only because i let it be. slowly i'm realizing that my attitude is so much of why our day is deemed good or bad. i have so much to be thankful for and even a crabby baby is something to be thankful for.

today i'm headed to my in-laws to clean. i love them.

yesterday i got a phone call. a phone call i wasn't expecting. it may seem dramatic to say it changed my life but in a way, it kinda did. still in awe. still smiling. my heart is full.

if i haven't mentioned it recently, i'm thankful for my mom. for our renewed relationship. and for the way she makes me laugh.

i'm so excited for what i have planned for her. (and if you are someone who knows what it is...shhhh...she reads here every 7 months)

my girls are beating each other up in the other room, so i should end this post, break up their fight and head to my in-laws.

what's one thing you're thankful for today?

6 comments:

Never "Society" Norm said...

Healthy children. This would be number 1 right now. But there are many things I am very thankful for.

Kristie said...

Thankful for the way that God takes what feels like a rough time in our lives and uses it to grow us and changes us for the better. Thankful that even on the days when I'm whining about that rough time He loves me the same and knows that its all fits in His plan for me!

Brittany said...

My husband. For a relationship that was not so great two years ago, things sure are pretty wonderful now. I'm so thankful that God restored out marriage.

Unknown said...

I am so thankful for my wonderful family and friends. Without them life wouldn't be the same!! :)

Anonymous said...

It must be 7 months since the last time I read your blog, because here I am again. Be careful missy I read it more than you think. I'm so grateful for what the Lord is doing in you and in us, it is quite beautiful and it's been a hoot. Thanks again for "blazing a trail." You have helped me, just by watching you. I love you

denise said...

Early mornings sound like a great idea, but try telling my body that at 5:30am! Maybe I can make it happen soon. You've inspired me :)