We went to Josh's sister's house this last weekend.
Oh, how I love to go there. I love my nieces. I love my SIL. And well, my BIL is a pretty cool guy, too.
There are very few people in my life that I can just completely let loose -ahem- and be myself around. Just totally me. And I can do that with them. They love me even though I'm weird. My 14 year old niece loves me even though I try my hardest to embarrass her in front of her friends and in front of people we don't even know.
It's just nice to be me.
And to be loved.
Sugar had the time of her life, of course. Her cousins are her fave. She's always been a big fan of them and they've always been wonderful to play with her and love on her.
In a rare moment, one I'm not sure has happened in the last decade, Josh and I got to go on a date with Chad and Treena! I don't know how long it's been since we've done that, but man, it's been awhile! So nice that they have a teenager now!
We went out for Indian food. I ate too much. The end.
"But Sarah," you say, "you're on a budget, however did you afford to go to Portland and eat out?!"
Well, I'm glad you (didn't actually) asked! ☺
We're still so new to this actual budget deal that part of me wonders where the hay all the money we used to spend came from.
The trip to Portland was planned before the budget was planned. We hemmed. We hawed. Wondered if we'd need to cancel. Then realized, hello, we can't cancel, we LOVE visiting them, plus we were going to be able to go on a double date!
So, we got out our jug o' change, counted it out. Rolled it. Took it to the bank. And we had $115 to spend on gas, food and coffee. Thank You, Lord, for coffee. Amen.
It was the perfect amount of money. We didn't ever use our debit cards and it was a beautiful thing. I absolutely loved it.
Now our jug is empty and it'll be 2014 before we can go back. Okay, not really. But now comes the hard part of saving the gas and spending money for the next trip we take.
I know we're only 11 days into the month but so far we haven't screwed up the budget and we're enjoying the freedom of being in control of the money.
It's so nice to take a mini-vacay guilt free. Loved every minute.
(even the grueling hill on the bike ride!)
4 comments:
You guys are doing so great with the budget! I remember the first time we did something fun and it was already in the budget - it's a grand feeling :) You'll have more $ for that again before you know it. Way to go!
awesome! Please pray for my cold to go away so we can have our date with the P fam!
Great job, friend! Proud of ya! :)
Yay for your double date! Trips and gifts and activities are so much sweeter when they are guilt free!
Ice cream, however, is not as tasty when it is "guilt free". Bleh. Give me sugar and heavy cream! Thankyouverymuch.
Post a Comment