My yard.
For the first time in the 10 summers we've been here, I'm truly in it. Part of it. Loving it. Taking time for it. At 6:45 this morning I was out working in the yard. We have a large yard and an acre of pasture, I love it. Coming up the driveway and seeing our property calms me. Soothes me.
Rearranging furniture.
I did it - again. I'm really liking it. No, really. I am. I moved the computer out of our room and into the living room. So, of course I'd have to rearrange the living room to make way for the computer. We also removed the tv from the living room. Tired.of.it.
My mom.
Plans. Fun. Oreos. Movies. Surprise for later.
30.
15 days away. 15 days until my birthday. I feel like I should reflect on the last 30 years and make plans for the next 30. But that's not the kinda girl I am. I go with the flow of each minute of my day. While I love to plan and make lists, I'm not the kinda girl who plans out each year of her life. I've made it this far without being that way, why change it up now?
Memorial Weekend.
We've changed our plans. We're staying home. We've been here, there and everywhere and it's just time to stay home and work on our remodeling project. We'll throw in a bbq or two over the weekend but for the most part it's going to be work.work.work.
Homeschooling.
September is not far away. We're taking a different route than we'd planned but we feel good about it. I'm praying the Lord just works this all out beautifully.
Babies.
We talk about it. Daily. We know it'd be crazy. That we'd be crazy. We still get up in the night with Spice sometimes. We only have a two bedroom house. But, at this moment, we know we can't just rule out another child (or two) (ahem, or three). This makes me almost giddy. I don't know if we'll have more, but just knowing that my husband - the man who didn't want children - actually thinks more children might just mean more fun (and of course more work). Love it.
Signs.
On Sunday our Pastor spoke about how we live in a culture where we look for signs. Asking God for a sign for this or that. When we have the Bible and any sign we need is right there, in our hands. Beautiful sermon. Written for me.
Our budget.
Day 19. We're rocking it. Last Friday was rough. I wanted to go out to dinner. Badly. I cooked instead. We still have money left in our envelopes and payday is two days away. Josh said last night, "it's not so bad. We've been doing fine." It hasn't been super easy but I love it.
Woodstove.
It's out on our deck. Along with a bench seat from a Chevy pickup. We're completely redneck. And it's cozy.
Mud.
It rules our lives these days. "Painter Sugar" and "Painter Spice" (as I've politely been informed to call them) are painting with mud. Dear Lord, please let them paint outside only. Amen.
Lunch.
It's time for me to make it. I'm famished. As I'm sure Painters Sugar and Spice are too.
5 comments:
I really like this post. It's so YOU.
I love, love, love that you're talking about babies again. Just makes me smile thinking about it.
I'm also proud of you with the budget. And I can use a little encouragement in that area of my own life at the moment.
This is a great post! So upbeat and happy sounding :) And way to go with the budget!!!!! Y'all are gonna rock that thang like nobody's business!
:)
So proud that y'all are rockin' the budget! We...are not. Well, we are, but we're not. Make sense??
I love this post, however...it sounds so happy. So fulfilling. :)
I am excited about our #4, so that makes me excited that you two are "thinking" about having more. Babies are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. Course I'd never spit out a kid cause they taste bad-- wouldn't be tasting them either-- I just meant God's creativity in each one is a miracle.
Post a Comment