We're home from Portland.
We watched three soccer games in about six hours' time. My nieces' reward for winning 2 out of 3 of their games? Watching my girls while their parents and I enjoyed a feast of Chang's Mongolian Grill and then going to a movie.
Thanks, girls! (and that ten bucks WILL make it back to you, punk!)
**
On our way home we stopped at Ikea to pick up a couple of bookcases for the living room. I've never been able to display all of our books. They're either packed in boxes, drawers, sprawled out on the floor, littering my countertops, etc. It makes a crazy girl even crazier. I decided it was time to do something about it.
We agreed on the bookcase (no small miracle) and we came home and put them together in about 10 minutes. Nice! We have a large window in our living room and the bookcases are now on each side of the window.
With a very large speaker on top of each of them.
BIG SIGH!
Yes, the very speakers you see in this post.
My husband has been instructed that those speakers need to find a new home immediately. His idea is to place the bookcases on top of the speakers.
Seriously, folks, what am I to do with the guy?
**
Today was working on the number 2. Sugar is none too thrilled with writing the number 2. I'm none too thrilled with her being none too thrilled. All she wants to do is be read to. Which I'm cool with but still, the writing of the numbers and letters must be learned.
**
I have approximately 83 loads of laundry to do. I'm about as thrilled to do laundry as Sugar is to write the number 2.
Will someone please come read to the both of us?
**
Date night with my mom and sister tomorrow. I'm stoked. Tacos and a movie. Most likely a lot of laughter mixed in.
**
The laundry is not getting done while I blog. Neither is story time.
What's your Monday lookin' like?
1 comment:
Josh and my husband must be "big speaker owner" twins or something. You don't want to know how many "big speakers" are in our posession for the day that he "gets around to it" and builds ... you guessed it! Big speakers!
Post a Comment