Monday, November 29, 2010

Sometimes...

...I don't get God.  I know it's not necessary for me to get Him for Him to be Him.  But still.  Sometimes I wanna scream, punch, hit and cry.  And ask why.

...I forget to take a shower for a few days.  I don't know how it's possible to actually forget to do something like that but it happens to me.  Often.

...I wonder if I'll ever get time alone with my husband.  We just found out the going rate for babysitting and, well, I'm pretty sure we'll never go on another date again.

...I wish my sister didn't live eight hours away.

...I dream about having more babies.

...I think about getting rid of every mirror in our house.  No flippin' joke, I do.

...I miss our Beagle something fierce.

...I don't want to get out of bed and face my day.  It's too much.

...I want to put my kid in public school or private school or anywhere but home school.

...Spice makes me want to pull all my hair out.  And hers, too.

...I don't want to leave the house.

...I'd love to work outside the home.

...I wish we'd never bought a fixer-upper. 

...I consider cutting meat out of my diet.  I'm noticing more and more what it's doing to my body and I'm not liking it.  I'm just not ready to give up bacon.  Or ribeyes.  (I blame Emily for introducing me to ribeyes.)

...I feel like we give our kids too much.  We don't buy them toys. (besides Christmas and birthday) But I still feel like they have so much.  I want to teach them that they have it so good in comparison to other kiddos around the world, around our country, our state and even in our small town.

...I'd like the neighbor's dog to play in the street.  I'm so tired of him barking.

...I wonder why my five year old still eats dog food.  Seriously, I just had to get after her about eating the dog food.

...I wonder why Josh puts up with me day in and day out.  It must be my great cooking or my morbid awesome sense of humor.  Because it's not my looks and it's definitely not the clean clothes I provide. 

...I wish we'd never taken Shadow into our lives (sorry, Min) because of the hair.  Oh, the hair.  And the neediness.  He needs me more than my husband, children, two cats, and all my personalities combined.

Did I really just admit to having personalities?

Alrighty then, I think that's a good place to quit!

Happy Monday, sweet friends!

7 comments:

HolyMama! said...

aw, Sarah!

1. you're gorgeous. LOOK AT TOP OF BLOG.

2. go ahead and scream, punch, kick, hit and ask why. All of that is very healthy. no guilt.

3. if you're going meatless, do NOT start by cutting out your favorites. save those for last.

4. in light of your list, though, why not save going meatless for another time...? :)

Mrs. Morgan said...

Sarah,

Thank you for your open and honest posts. I don't recall how I happened upon your site, but love it and can relate to your stories. Thank you for not deleting your blog!!!!

Kristie said...

Happy Monday sweet friend! Sorry that you are feeling yucky right now! Love you!

Sarah said...

Hi. Just thought I'd let you know I'm lurking again. And, well, you know how I feel about you. (You're amazing, wonderful, brilliant, hilarious, sweet, loving, a hoot to be with, BEAUTIFUL!, and cared about.) My days are so much better because when I read your real and honest and mostly, ever so funny thoughts.
You need to tell yourself everyday, several times a day, how wonderful you are. Because you really, really are.

Okay. Enough said. I'll go back to my lurking now.

JerriLynn said...

BACON!?!? we need to talk..I don't know if it counts, but I think the people that know you will tell you your head is lying to you again. You don't have to be perfect to be oh so valuable. I Love You.

denise said...

You dream about having babies...but do you dream about having kittens? Just wondering ;)

And Bailey was the best dog ever. I'd miss her too.

Anonymous said...

What a nice post. I really love reading these types or articles. I can?t wait to see what others have to say..