Wednesday, December 08, 2010

I Wogged

I got on the treadmill tonight for the first time in what feels like 500 years.  I didn't run or walk.  I wogged.  More than a walk, not quite a jog.

I hit one of the pre-set dealies and it ran it's course while I huffed and puffed and considered blowing the house down.

I got up to a whoppin' 3.5 mph and thought I was going to keel over and die.

Josh rooted for me almost the entire time.  You know, when he wasn't bathing the girls and cleaning up the paper plates I served his fabulous dinner on.  I think I should buy him some pom poms and a short skirt.

Okay, maybe just the pom-poms.

Yes, I finished out the 30 minutes but it wasn't easy.  I have this spot in my lower back on the right side that was going nuts.

I'm not happy with how I've just let myself get all flabby and outta shape.  I used to run.  A lot.  Yeah, that was like 15 years ago but still.  I used to do it. 

I'm wanting to pick up a package of Oreos and have myself a bit of a pity party.

But then that 30 minutes would be wasted and we wouldn't want that.  I'm going to stick with it.  I really am.

No, really.  I am.

2 comments:

Never "Society" Norm said...

Great job "wogging", Sarah!!! ;D I just love your humor. But seriously, Great job on disciplining yourself to just DO IT! You can do it gal! ((Hugs))

Kristie said...

WOHOO!!

Happy "wogging"!!

Wish we lived closer I would totally "wog" with you ;) It goes by faster when your mouth is moving as fast as your feet! LOL