I'm sure the statistics for people enjoying having their picture taken for their driver's license is about -0.07%. It's just not fun.
Sure, the first one you're kinda jazzed because, heck, you passed! But you might be worried the nervousness you felt during the driving portion of the test is going to show through your purple shirt and into your first, very own, brand spankin' new driver's license.
You might also not be thrilled with your then boyfriend making faces at you while you're trying to get your picture taken.
Then, you get married, gain 25 lbs, chop off your hair to accentuate your chubby face and have your driver's license picture taken again.
You let your hair grow out a little, lose a coupla pounds and happen to "lose" your driver's license. You put on as much white eye liner as possible and head in for yet another picture.
You've gained another ten pounds and of course that means it's time for driver's license renewal, in fact while you're mowing lawn #358 on a scorching hot June day you remember your license is actually past due. You take your grass clipping filled, ponytail'd hair down to the Dept. of Licensing, put on the cheesiest of cheesy grins and *snap* you have a god-awful license for the next five years.
After years of being pulled over and having to show the god-awful picture, you've lost 30 lbs, it's time to renew and when you go in to have your picture taken the employee does a double take of his screen from your previous picture to the you standing before him. He then turns the screen so you can see your fattie self from a few years before on the big screen. You really were larger than life. You enjoy asking the guy to change the weight on your driver's license, smile pretty for the picture, leave the building...
and proceed to gain back that 30 lbs instantly.
You've had a baby or two and it's time to renew the dreaded license. The thought of going into town to renew seems too much. You look in the mirror. Your hair is haphazard, as are your clothes (where's that bra, again!?) you no longer wear white eye liner or any other make up to speak of. Your clothes have spit up on them and you get outta breath trying to tie your shoes.
Then, you see the magic words on the renewal notice: "Renew Online."
So for another few years you can pretend you look 24, have one chin, wear make up and sport a cute hairstyle.

6 comments:
I can't believe you still have all those driver's licenses. I think I have my current one and maybe one more. Both kept in the same place of course, that way when I lose my wallet, I've lost them both.
in the great state of or you renew every eight years on your birthday. My first renewal came when I was 8.5 mo prego with my first sweet boy. I weighed over 200 lbs! My weight on my license was my 16 yr old weight 130 lbs. the woman helping me was either not having a good day or was just mean...she says (right after I waddle up to the counter) "so you probably don't want your current weight on there, right?" Um no ande thanks for asking lady! Anyway, that lovely pic was with me until 2009 just after I lost all the weight from that sweet boy (and his brothers). Let's just say I'm MUCH happier about dragging out my license for identification these past couple years :)
LOVE this! I will renew online until I can't. My last photo is FABULOUS! I in fact asked for 8x10,5x7's, and wallet sizes..clerk just scowled at me..
Love it! So does Washington have a "Don't show your teeth until you're 21" law?
Thank you for sharing. I too hang on to every lic.
Your last pic looks hot! Love the hair there.
I renewed online last time, although I don't love the last picture so much. I just didn't want to hassle with going to the DMV.
I'm loving your hair in the last one. Would you consider cutting it short-ish again?
Post a Comment