Thursday, December 23, 2010

the scripture and snapshot without um, the snapshot

I have a decent camera. 

I don't know how to use it but I have one.

I don't have any of the photo editing fancy shmancy software.  Honestly, I'm lucky if my computer turns on each morning.

And when it does turn on the only things I know how to do are FB, Twitter, Gmail, and blog.  I wouldn't know how to use fancy shmancy photo editing software if I had it.

I never really cared much about that until a few days ago.

I'm sure many of you have seen this:




floating around on blogs.  I love looking at the scriptures that folks choose for their photos.  I love the fonts they choose.  The colors.  The stories they're telling with picture only.

Since I'm not a photographer I haven't ever had the urge to participate in Scripture & a Snapshot until a few days ago.

I have no snapshot but here's what I can tell you my photo would have been of:

An alarm clock reading 3 a.m. on a snowy work day.  A man pulling the warm covers off his still tired body.  Sitting on the edge of the bed, wiping the sleep from his eyes.  Pulling on longjohns, jeans, jacket and boots.  Quietly of course, as to not wake the rest of the house.  A man heading out in the snow to the home of his parents to plow their driveway.

Because, "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you."  Exodus 20:12

I love that my husband honors his parents.  I love that he's willing to give up sleep and the comfort of his bed in the wee hours to plow their driveway for them.

There's no picture of that moment to hold in my hand.  But I'm holding it safely in my heart.

5 comments:

JerriLynn said...

Great, I am bawling like a baby..your "picture" is breathtakingly beautiful. What a gift you are, Sarah. I Love You

Cooper Family said...

Beautiful. I could totally picture it in my mind. What a wonderful way to honor your husband.

Anonymous said...

He is such a blessing to his parents! And to me! Since I am one of them peoples who have to drive around his parents house at 4:30 in the morning! =) But still! I love that he loves them like he does! He is such a great son! You have a awesome husband!
sarah tadlock

Kristie said...

love his heart!

B.D.Riehl said...

You described it beautifully...no picture needed.