Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Simple Joys

I have stuff I'd like to write about.  I have a post in draft titled, "Christmas Confession."

I'm sure it'll stay in draft.  Sometimes I don't wanna share the ugly.

Instead, I'll provide 10 simple joys in my life.  I {heart} simple.  Sometimes we just need simplicity in our lives to make us happy.

Here are 10 simple joys in my life.

1.  Freshly bathed children

2.  A husband wearing cologne

3.  Amber..always Amber.

4.  Laughing til it absolutely hurts

5.  A freshly groomed Golden Retriever

6.  A purring kitty

7.  Starbucks gift card

8.  My library card

9.  My nieces.  All of them.  They bring me much JOY.

10.  Slippers

What are some of your simple joys?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Homemade coffee on a Saturday morning.
Cooking shows on TV.
My three nephews laughter and smiles of greeting as I walk into the room when I've only been gone 2 minutes.
Buying myself flowers. Often.
Reading other's blogs.
Spending time with my best friend Lauren.
Lipstick.
The smell of fabric softener.
Elephants.
Dancing.

Unknown said...

My 9 month old nephew reaching his arms out to me!
Hours on Blogger or Tumblr!!
Smell of fabric softner.
My freshly groomed cocker spaniels!
Going to Books a Million & being able to buy something & no time limit!
Shopping for scrapbook papers & stickers!
Taking pics of my family & friends.
I could keep listing..:) :)

Cooper Family said...

blog posts from you!

B.D.Riehl said...

A toddler that is laughing so hard she makes you laugh and you both just laugh and laugh...
Breakfast out with my Dad when he's in town...
Coffee...always coffee...
A complete project...
New clothes that fit...even if they did go up a size, something about them fitting feels slimming...

HolyMama! said...

hmmm.
macadamia nuts that are mauna loa straight from hawaii. (eating now.) they're worlds better than what i can find at the grocery store in texas!

my 5yr old's dimples.
my 6yr old's very blue eyes.
my 10 yr old's long eyelashes.
my husband's extreme chin cleft thing.

a long bath.
a great sale.
retailmenot.com
bright sunshine streaming in through the windows

feeling known/understood/appreciated in some meaningful way

cold pizza for breakfast with a diet coke

Leanne said...

Let's see.....

Being appreciated.
My newborn babies, fresh from the "oven".
God not giving up on me the way I did on Him.
Blended Big Trains from my mom's shop.
Sometimes wasting great chunks of time surfing blogs.
Days when the girls get along all day.
Seeing my husband across a crowded room and knowing he's mine.
A super good night's sleep.
A meal that is so good it almost makes me cry.
Having lots of energy and motivation.