Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 1: I Survived

Thank you for supporting me and encouraging me in my ridiculous idea of joining a gym.

I didn't show up in a unitard and leg warmers.

Shocked, aren't you?

I sat down with Kathi, the girl who owns the club.  Wife of one of Josh's co-workers.  I've known Kathi as long as I've known Josh.  She was thrilled to know I've finally met my 30's since I just 16 when we first met.

She asked if I'd been doing any workouts on my own.

"Do I look like I've been doing any working out?"

Kathi asked what I was hoping to get rid of.  I pointed to the baby-feeders and she told me good luck with that.  Apparently they aren't going to go away anytime soon.  If I get really skinny and these bad girls still stick around I may fall over face first. 

She showed me around.  I mostly wanted to know where the bathroom was because I was still feeling like I was going to throw up.  It's stress-inducing to me when I'm in a public place with people who are strong, fit, working out, etc.  'Cause I'm none of those.

Amber showed up (after downing some cake) (you're welcome, Amber) and we proceeded to ride on these little bikes for a bit.  My legs hurt, my a.. butt hurt and sweat started dripping down my back.  And that was just in the first 3 minutes.

We moved on to the circuit stuff and honestly I had no idea what I was doing and I'm so short that I kept having to adjust everything but again, didn't know how.  So I have an appointment on Friday to be taken through all the circuit equipment.

Kathi has suggested I do 15 minutes of cardio and do the entire circuit with 12 reps. on each.  I'm going to be there from 8-5 if I do all of them!

I'm pumped.  Still nervous as all get out but pumped.

So pumped that I came home, made greasy tacos but drank water instead of beer or Pepsi with 'em. 

Baby steps.

5 comments:

Jeana said...

You go, girl! Glad to hear you're keeping the term "baby-feeders" going. And really, if ya gotta have big somethings, those are the ones to have, I think. ;-) Good for you!

HolyMama! said...

YEA!!! learn to be proud of the icky sweaty clothes and adore yourself MORE when you smell the worst.

and don't worry - i don't think anyone ever gets rid of the 'everyone here is better/thinner/stronger/more fit than i am' feeling. just ignore it!

HolyMama! said...

JEANA!!! HiiiiIII! I THouGHT THAT WAS yooooOOOOooo!

Wendy said...

Congratulations! Wishing you all the best in achieving your fitness goals.

Natalie said...

I want to go to the gym with you and Amber! I'm excited to read about your adventures... and excited for you! Go Sarah!