Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Ain't Happenin'

I never use the word "ain't" ever, ever.

My dad used it.  Always drove me nuts.  Now it makes me laugh to think about it.

Anyway, there's just no possible way to be 125 on Friday and I'm choosing to be totally okay with that.  125 will come eventually.  I'm guessing in the next two weeks instead of two days.

In the last week I've ridden 5 days, logging 115 miles.  Yesterday my ride to the gym started out with a downpour, thunder and head wind.  People were looking at me like I was crazy.  I think I kinda was.  I just didn't want some stupid weather to put a damper on my plans to ride.  So I didn't.

My legs feel great and I'm hoping to be able to sport a pair of shorts this summer.  We'll see on that one.

While I was halfway to the gym last night a woman parked her van near the pathway, got her two girls out with their bikes and she was walking behind them.  Then, after a little bit, she started to jog.  I'd guess her to have been nearly 75 lbs overweight.

I'm sure it wasn't easy for her to get out there and do that.  Physically or emotionally.  But in my head I was like, "ROCK ON, SISTER!"  She was out there.  She was doing it.  And her girlies were getting some fun in as well.

Anyway, that was totally random but I just thought it was totally awesome, too.

1 comment:

HolyMama! said...

you logged HOW MANY MILES and you think MAYBE you'll be in shorts?!

GIRL. you need daisy dukes for your bday. tell your hubby i said so. there's no 'maybe shorts this year' about this.