I typed out the title to the post before I've even really thought about what I'm going to write. Most likely whatever I write about, by the end, will have no relation to the title.
Surprise.
Surprise.
It's cold. I hate the cold. I considered quitting shaving a coupla weeks ago when I saw frost on the grass when I woke up in the morning.
I remember when Josh and I mowed lawns for a living (oh the glory days) (not really, 40+ lawns isn't always fun) and we would always get excited to wake up to frost on the grass. It meant that the grass would not be growing anymore and our mowing days were dwindling. There were a few customers who wanted their lawns mowed into late November and I think even a couple we did into December.
I used to like the frost.
But now I don't.
Growing up my mom always made it seem so exciting when we'd set the clocks back and she'd light candles and turn on lamps and make it cozy in our house. I used to love Fall. Now, as an adult, as a parent, I realize why the heck she was so excited about it getting dark earlier.
Meant she could tell us it was bedtime and since it was dark, we wouldn't and didn't question her. Did I not learn to tell time til I was a teenager or what??
I like that it gets dark earlier only so that if the girls missed their nap for the day (like yesterday, grrr) I can put them to bed at 7 and it's dark and sometimes they'll fall asleep.
I like the coziness of the house in the Fall evenings. I love the colors of the leaves in the Fall. Until they all fall off the trees and we have a bajillion leaves to pick up.
But I don't like how early it gets dark. I can no longer ride my bike to the gym during the week because my bicycle is not equipped with headlights (hehe, except when it's cold) (sorry) and Josh isn't a big fan of me riding in the dark. I rode to the gym on Sunday because class is at 3, lasts an hour and was still light enough for me to head home afterward. He ended up meeting me when I was 13.5 miles into my ride home. Totally coulda made it the rest of the way in the dark but I'm thankful he was willing to come get me.
During the dead of winter I usually stop shaving my legs. Lucky Josh, huh? It's my only way to make sure I'm going to stay warm. But I couldn't stick with it. I went a coupla weeks but prickly legs in spandex does not feel good.
In case you were wanting to know that.
My scale is my new best friend (sorry, Amber). It's showing some loooow numbers these days. I've decided to buy new clothes soon. And first up will be a pair of fancy boots. With fur. I bought a dress while visiting Treena this summer and yes, it's a summer dress but it has warm colors and I'm thinking if I pair it with boots and a sweater, I can get away with wearing it. Or maybe my sense of style is completely wrong and I'll look like an idiot. This is most likely the case.
Apparently I need a stylist. The one I've asked to help isn't willing. *ahem*
So. Furry boots. They're on my list.
That way I don't need to grow out my leg hairs.
Also. Feeling more tired lately. I need to start setting my alarm. I often wake up at 7:45 in the morning lately! That's awful! So maybe I am turning into that bear. Getting ready to hibernate. Can you imagine? No diaper changing. No cooking or cleaning. No school. Just sleep.
Precious, precious sleep.
However, there would not be corn dogs if I were hibernating. Nor would there be peanut butter Snickers. Or Starbucks.
Maybe I don't wanna be a bear when I grow up after all.
1 comment:
Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm so happy for you. Remember your posts a while back about how bad you felt about your weight? Look at you now!!
Please post before-and-after photos! Let us tell you how amazing you look! :-)
So happy for you and I'm inspired by your hard work!
Post a Comment