Thursday, March 15, 2012

5K Round 2

Remember last year about this time I was an idiot and decided to run my first 5K in over 14 years?


So that was me last year before my 5K.  I ran a 31:20.

A few days before this year's race I decided heck, why not?  I haven't run on my still-hurts-cramps-but-working-ankle since October but hey, let's try it out.  Let's try running three miles and see if thee ol' ankle will hold up.

I signed up.  And Josh said he'd run too.

Here we is:

Lucky Number 69 


I ran a 28:55 this year.  Beating last year's time by 2 and a half minutes.  Good but not what I'd had in mind.  Josh says my goal was a little extreme for not having run in six months but whatev.

It was fun to go out and do it again.  I wasn't nervous this time at all.  And it was cool to run with Josh.  Even though the punk coulda run another 5 miles without thinking anything of it.

He says when we're done, "I was watching this other couple run together and they looked like they were having fun.  I don't think you were having fun."

I wasn't.  I realized something while I was running.  I don't really like it.  Go figure.  I would have rather been on my bike for sure.  But I needed to prove to myself that since March of last year my body was in better condition and could move faster.

I proved it to myself.

And now I never have to run again.

Amen.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Running . . . sometimes I think about it. Does that count?

I actually want to get back on my bike. I used to bike to work every day until a dog chased me, knocked me off and I broke my arm. I had skid marks from head to toe. I just kinda didn't pick it back up after my arm healed. I loved that quiet time to and from work.

Kristie said...

Cheers to you!! So fun that you guys ran it together!!