Josh left for work about an hour ago. Just as he was about to leave I hear a Peterbilt start up. Pretty sure it tugs at his heart even more than mine when we hear that sound. Our neighbor drives a truck very similar to the one we used to live in. He's not home often, but when we hear him pull up the drive, we both stop for a second, and then start again.
Living in the Pete wasn't an easy time, but we both miss it a lot.
Amber came over for dinner last night with her girls. I tried my first recipe from my new Healthy Gluten-Free Life cookbook. It was fine. It was chicken. I'm not a super big chicken fan, but everyone cleared their plates so I assumed that was a good sign. (that, or Josh paid them all off. which would not surprise me)
When Josh leaves our bed, our Beagle joins it. I'm always surprised to find that a 40 lb dog can take up more of a bed than a 135 lb. man. I ended up having to just get out of bed since he was pushing me off. The bugger.
I was gone for several hours on Saturday doing the grocery shopping. While I was gone my husband went Tazmanian devil on our house. He cleaned, he scrubbed, he did laundry, he changed sheets, made beds, did dishes. I came home to calm instead of chaos. It did my heart good after such a stressful shopping trip. I do not deserve him. I know this.
Yesterday the girls and I sat for two hours straight doing school work. Usually after 30 minutes I let them have a recess time. Yesterday, not so much. We got a lot done and hopefully a lot learned. I talked with them about Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks. I learned new things right along with them.
I haven't seen my mom since July. That's so weird to me. Weirder still is that I'm getting used to it. I didn't think I would. A couple of days ago Spice (4) was putting together a USA puzzle. She picked up the piece for Nevada, kissed it and then looked at me. "This is where Maugie lives and I miss her." A few days before that she was peeling an onion for me and it made her teary. "This is making me cry. I'm not missing Maugie this time." Kid breaks my heart. I don't realize just how much she thinks about my mom.
I stopped biting my fingernails again. Me and my phases. It's been a couple of weeks. It'll last a few months and we'll repeat the process.
I'm going away for the weekend without my husband or kiddos. Trying to not feel guilty about it
The bubble on my nose is healing! Thank goodness! It's been a process but I found a YouTube video that helped and I'm so glad because on Friday (a really bad day emotionally for me) I was just ready to pull the nose ring out and see if that's what would heal the bubble. Anyway, it still looks strange (lucky me) but at least it's in the healing process.
Ace just came barreling down the stairs which means my girls will wake up any minute. Why can't that Beagle be a little lighter on his feet? Sheesh.
Happy Wednesday.
Share a bit of your random?
No comments:
Post a Comment