Saturday, January 05, 2013

I'm going to be a slacker.

Last year my New Year's Resolution was to not live wired for regret.

I did a little better with that.  I think.  While I did stuff in 2012 I'm not super proud of, I didn't spend a lot of time dwelling on it.  Yay, me.

I started my list for this year.

It looked a little something like this:

Lose 10 lbs.
Run a half marathon.
Ride my bike at least once per week.
Gym 3x per week.
Fold AND put away laundry.
Make Josh's breakfast 3x per week.
Spend 30 minutes of one on one time with Sugar and Spice.
Send a letter once a week.
Email someone daily.

and on and on.

Those are things I want to do.

They're important to me.

But I think another thing I need to do is start going a lil easier on myself.  I suppose it's tied into not living wired for regret.  Same but different.  (Brian Regan, anyone?)

I've had enough people tell me, that I'm starting to believe it's true, that I'm pretty hard on myself.

In Chelsea's words, "I can tell you what's wrong with you, but not how to fix you.  Do you want to pass that on to your girls?"

No, no I do not.  I don't want to pass that lovely little characteristic on to my sweet girls.  I'd much rather them get my fantastic ability to use sarcasm at any time.

So Chelsea tells me what's wrong with me.  She's really good at that.  (love you!)  However, she can't fix me.  That's something I've gotta do.  I have to let stuff go.  I have to be okay with being me.  The screw up that I can be.  And boy can I be a screw up.

I did all the laundry but I didn't get it all put away in a timely manner.

Big freaking deal.  It's not the end of the world.

I made breakfast for Josh only two days this week.

Hey, better than none!

I went over the grocery budget.

Um, hello.  Not a big deal.  At least I'm actually trying to budget.

So that list above, the half marathon, the weight loss, etc.  Yep.  I have a year to get those things done.  I wanna do 'em.

But if I don't.  I'm just gonna let it slide and not feel like a complete and utter failure.

This goal of mine was basically my goal for what 32 would look like for me.  So for the last five months of 32 and the first 6 months of 33, we're gonna keep it up.

2013 is about offering myself a little slack.


No comments: