Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wednesday Random....on Thursday

I've been thinking today was going to be Wednesday for some reason.  It's not but oh well.  I often write out random stuff on Wednesdays but apparently missed the boat yesterday.

(and now i want to throw in a bunch of boat jokes.)

The Library put a block on my account because I couldn't find three books.  Like could not find them, I've searched everywhere, they must have walked out of my house couldn't find them.  I was just going to buy them.  I had library books for school on hold that I needed, I was just going to have to fork out the money.

"Well, for the three books it's $60, I suggest you go home and take another look around."

YA THINK!?

So I did.

I went in the basement and I was searching and there was nothing.  Grr.  But I realized I had to pack for our trip so I grabbed a suitcase while I was down there.

The suitcase was heavy.

Um, apparently my last trip didn't get put away.  And I had taken a library book with me.

YAY!  One down, two to go.

I have this "trouble zone" in my kitchen, next to my fridge, where papers pile up.  (who am I kidding, my whole kitchen is a trouble zone) Anyway, I decided to clean up that area, file stuff (in the trash) and put stuff away (in the trash).  Lo and behold....another library book!

Then Josh found the last one.

Suh-weet.  Saved myself a chunk of change.  And was able to get the books we needed for our science lesson next week.

Speaking of science.  Loving our curriculum.  Sugar is too.  So does Spice.

Speaking of curriculum, a friend of mine has decided to homeschool her kids and we've been discussing curriculum choices.  I asked what she's planning to use and most of what she listed I'd never heard of before.  I researched it yesterday and am likely going to change our history and language arts.  I like both that I'm using, but after reading up on these two others, wow.  We'll see.

I lost my favorite pair of silver earrings that my mom gave me for my birthday last year.  I'm sad pants.

I'm starting up movie night with my mom and sister tonight.  That makes me happy pants.

My cup of coffee is cold.

This summer I ripped up the carpet in my living room and painted the floor white.  That was dumb.  Not the carpet ripping, that was GOOD, but the white part.  This floor should not be white.  I have two small children, a husband who attracts grease, and three pets.  I need more floor to be the color of dirt.  Think I'm just going to spend the money and re-do it.

Apparently I paid all of our bills twice last month.  Oops.  I'm not quite sure how I did that.  But every bill I've gotten this month shows a credit.  Awesome!  I'll take it.

I'm working on another Pinterest project with a friend.  He cut my board, I'll paint it, and then he'll stencil and paint the letters on for me.  And I will buy him beer.  It really is a win/win for us both.  Here's what we're working on:

Source: etsy.com via Sarah on Pinterest


but where it says "margarita" mine will say "sangria" because I can't stand margaritas but love sangria.  This might be due to almost dying from tequila 10 years ago but whatever.  (I also felt like I was going to die from tequila last month, but that's another post for another day)

Today is my grandma's birthday.  She is 74.  She is living proof you can survive on Pepsi and PopTarts.

Speaking of terrible eating habits, I've been journaling my exercise and eating with a friend.  Ugh.  There's been a lot to journal as far as food, but not so much the exercising.  Those ten lbs I wanted to lose before our vacation?  Ack, I now only have two months to do it.  I should probably start trying.  I'm taking my bike to Portland with me this weekend and I am RIDING.  Yes I am.

I will lose those 10 lbs!

Okay, that's enough random.  Your turn.

No comments: