Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day Trip to Pendleton










At the end of January, on a Saturday when we had much to do around the house inside and out -
Josh says, "let's get out of here. Let's go for a drive."
So we loaded up the children and the Beagle, some snacks and off we went.
Our first stop was Starbucks.
And then we just kept driving.
We drove to Pendleton, OR, took pictures at the rodeo grounds, walked around, drove around
and just spent time together.
There are no pictures of the Beagle because he heaved the entire day and left seven piles of puke in my van.
I wish I were kidding.
He's never been car sick before.
Our girls are so good in the car.  Have been since birth.
I thank God for that.  I know He blessed us with good little travelers because we enjoy so much to be on the road.
I find it's easy to get caught up in listening to the radio or talking with Josh even asking for silence instead of using my time in the car with the girls to learn about them and teach them about the world outside our rig.
I'm choosing today to change that.
To turn the radio down.
And turn the conversations up.

No comments: