Wednesday, July 09, 2014

remembering to write the day to day

Every once in a while I panic.

Who are we kidding?  I panic all the time.

The one that is currently plaguing me is how little I journal just our day to day lives.  My memory is absolutely terrible (unless you wanna know Trevor's license plate from the Ford Explorer or Matt's phone number back in high school, those are things I can remember).

This blog of mine is nearing it's eighth year.  Eighth!  How in the world?  When it was just Sugar running around the house I wrote more about our day to day.  Life was a little less stressful in those days and I found it easier to sit down and write.  Now, there's a Spice.  And there's our homeschool adventure.  And just added stresses.  Some I'm sure I bring upon myself.

Many I bring upon myself.

I use Facebook for updating short blips of our day, and I try to only post things that I think are funny so as to make people laugh.  I really should just take those status updates and write full posts on them because often I could.

I could fill this blog up every single day with the antics of my children or the thoughts of my heart, but I find myself holding back so often on my stuff, and I am just lazy about writing out our day to day.  But I'm starting to worry that the girls will wonder what we did with our days, and if I don't write them out, how will I remember?  Their new thing is to ask me to tell stories of when they were babies.

Sweet stories of Sugar.  And Spice we just tell her, "you cried a lot.  heck, you still cry a lot."  We have stories.  Lots of stories.  I just need to begin again in getting them written.  I need to set aside the time.

So one day they can print out the blog, take it to their therapist, and say, "see.  this is why we're here."

No comments: