I cancelled it. My cell phone, that is. As of December 07, 2006, I will no longer be a cell phone user. Ugh! I'm not quite sure I'm ready for that. I'm pretty sad to be honest with you. That'll actually be the 3 year anniversary of my phone and me. We've been pals. He travels with me everywhere I go. Never leaves my side. When I'm down and need a friend to talk to, he picks me up...well, I guess I pick him up and then I call someone. You get the point, I'm never without my phone!!!
So, to reach me, you can do that via email or my home phone.
Even though I'm sad, I'm really excited too. My average cell bill is about $60 per month. My contract doesn't expire til September. So, from December to September I would have paid approximately $540 in cell bills. Since I'm still under contract, I have to pay the early cancellation fee of $150. Let's see, what is that...540 minus 150=390. I will have saved our family $390!!! That's a lot of money!
I really feel the Lord convicting me of my spending habits. I've been trying to look at different areas where I can help save our family money. The first, was my coffee. That was adding up to around 200 a month. I asked the Lord to take that addiction from me and in a round about way He did. (long story, I'll tell ya later) anyway, now we only get them on Saturdays. Second, was my phone. I've taken care of that, now I'm on to other measures. But, just those two things out of my life is saving my family almost 300 per month!
I'm busy today getting ready for a Pampered Chef Show I'm doing tonight, but tomorrow I'm going to make a list of areas I can cut my spending and I'll share them with you.
Hope you all had a great weekend and even more...hope you're having a fantastic Monday!
Take care!
1 comment:
Way to go! Its amazing how fast things add up $5 here, $20 there...its the little things that blow the budget out of the water!:) Happy Monday friend!
Post a Comment