Monday, November 13, 2006

I'm not a bad mom...

...but I sure feel like one. Last night my sweet little girl fell down the stairs leading to our basement. As soon as I heard the sound I ran for her, even though I was only a few steps away it felt like forever before I got to her. She was laying on her back with her arms spread out as if she were about to make a snow angel. She didn't cry very hard but I was freaked. Josh was outside under the suburban, so I pound on the door and he came running in. I had blood on me and I didn't know where from. We checked her over and saw the blood was coming from her lip. We gave her a wet washcloth and she seemed to enjoy sucking on that. As we were searching the rest of her body, feeling for bumps and broken bones we found a lump right above her forehead. It turned purple right away. But she didn't seem affected by it. We made sure she could walk and talk and in no time she was running all over again. She didn't want to be fussed over, she wanted to play.

Whew!

So, that "honey-do" list tonight will most likely have "make gate for stairway" at the top tonight.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Glad she is okay! Nothing like knowing your kid is falling and being just a little too far away to catch them! Don't beat yourself up too badly...that's why they call it an accident...it wasn't intentional! But definitely a baby gate is in order!:)I don't think that there are too many kids that have made it through their toddler years without a bloody lip and a goose egg on their head!

Anonymous said...

Alexander has a black eye right now and at least once a week he falls and bites his lip. I know how you feel, you would rather it be you than them. With our luck though we probably would have broke something.