
So, for awhile now, I've been having an inner dilemma of sorts. I've discussed it a little with my mom and some with my mother in law.
Dresses.
There are women I know (okay, don't know but know thru blogging) that wear dresses only. It's starting to appeal to me.
Maybe because I'm 20 lbs overweight or maybe because I'm getting sick to death of seeing these scantily clad girls and women on the streets and on tv. It's distracting for men. I feel so bad for my husband who tries so hard to keep himself pure by not looking at these girls who flaunt what they've got and sometimes what they don't got.
As girls we don't have the first clue how difficult it is for a boy or a man when it comes to this issue. Because for the most part, as women, we aren't visually stimulated. (Except at 9 pm on Thursday nights!)
I'm not saying I'm going to run out and buy a bunch of dresses, I'm not there yet. But I'm definitely more aware of my clothes and Jaylee's clothes. I know she's little but I want to create a desire in her heart to want to be modest. I just don't know how to go about it. If I ever lose these 20 lbs and am able to wear my pre-pregnancy clothes, there are a lot of shirts I will have to throw away and most likely some jeans.
It's difficult to think about doing though, throwing away my favorite clothes!? Clothes have always been an expression of who I am or what I'm feeling. I went through a "hick" phase in High School and wore Wranglers and Ropers. I went a little vintage for awhile. Each day I'd wear what suited the mood. I think it's still possible for me to do this and be modest though.
This struggle I've been having has been going on for a few months. I see a woman that is nicely dressed, for the most part I wouldn't think anything of it, jeans, shirt, shoes. But I looked at it from my husbands point of view. Tight jeans, fitted shirt. Automatically his eyes would want to wander. I don't want that and I don't want to cause that, whether I'm overweight or at my goal weight.
So, there's my dilemma. Any thoughts, anyone?
2 comments:
I think that if this what god has layed on your heart, then go for it! I would love to wear dresses all the time. I feel more feminine when I wear dresses. However kind of hard to kickbox wearing dresses. So much for being feminine!
As far as teaching Jaylee modesty, that is by example. You girls were pretty modest when you were in high school, and I think it's because our family always dressed that way. Rarily did I have to say no to something that you wanted to get. She will learn mainly from you, and then the rest of the family and church family.
Post a Comment