Tuesday, March 27, 2007

There will be no Picture

It's too ugly. And I wouldn't want any of you to quit stopping by because I showed you my very swollen, very ugly belly. So, I'll just tell you I measured my scar and it's 6 inches long. Wow! It's healing quite nicely now. Still a little sore but I'm doing better. It's been easy not to over do it the last couple of days because Jaylee is gone. :(

My SIL has her. My SIL is the greatest, she truly is, but I miss my baby!! I don't remember what I did before I had her. She left Sunday morning and Josh and I are at a loss. I asked him if we could go visit.

"Drive 3 hours to visit her and then come home?" He asks me and for a moment it looked like he was pondering it himself.

"Uh huh" I tell him. "It's not that far."

He left the room.

Guess that meant no.

Our house is quiet. There's no baby in her crib in the morning, yelling, "HI!" when we first wake up and there is no baby to put to bed in the evening. I miss hearing her say, "amen" after we pray with her. I miss the cheesy grin she's started giving us. I miss the randomness of out of nowhere she comes running and grabs my legs to hug me.

Sigh...

She'll come home on Friday and I'm sure by Saturday I'll be wanting to send her back.

But for now I miss her.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This post makes me feel like crying... it must be very lonely right now!