Thursday, March 29, 2007

Twiddling My Thumbs

Only five more weeks of recovery and then I'm allowed to go back to my normal routine of things. Whatever that may be. Besides Jaylee being gone, I realize the thing I miss the most is not being allowed to vacuum. I love to vacuum. Not really sure why but I do. Growing up we did most of the household chores on Saturday mornings. Once a week we'd vacuum. Didn't know you could do it more than that.

But you can!

And I do! Probably every other day or so. I looked on Photobucket for a vacuum picture and found this. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Loved it, too funny!

I went in for an appt. today and the doc asked me what I'm not doing that I'd like to be able to do.

"Vacuum."

He tells me that if I did that I wouldn't be able to get out of bed in the morning. Most of the time (like when I'm not all surgeried up) that would be an okay thing, I like my bed, however, I realize I like to do laundry. I like to wash dishes. I like to clean the bathroom.

I don't work outside the home, these things are what I do to be a helper and I'm not being a helper!!!

But don't you worry, I'm sure in five weeks when I'm given the green light to do these things....

I won't want to do them.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

That's funny because my friend that is going through chemo right now was just saying the same thing. She hates not being able to do all the things that she hated to do before the cancer. Maybe its the whole change of perspective that makes you look at chores as a priviledge rather than a duty. I think you will enjoy them when you get back to them for quite a while!