Today Jaylee and I went with Josh on a full day of deliveries for his work. We're way out "in the armpit of Washington" as Josh said, when a sign reads "Bridge work, Wednesday, April 18."
My first thought was, "nice, we won't have to stop for road work." But then I realized we had to cross that bridge-today. Today as in, before the bridge work was completed. Then in the 1/4 mile I had to think about it, I started to panic that maybe it wouldn't hold us as we crossed it. Maybe the bridge work was because there were holes all through it and we were going to have to dodge them and then possibly not make it. Maybe one of the poles holding the bridge up, broke, and then we'd be crossing a bridge with only three poles holding it up. What if it was a draw bridge and it's stuck in "draw" mode? Huh? Huh? What if, I tell you. What if?
We're getting closer. I can see the bridge up ahead. I think beads of sweat considered trickling down my head. And then we get to the "bridge." Seriously, I could have jumped the thing. I panicked for nothing. All the worry for naught. Pfft.
I don't like to waste a good panicking. If I'm gonna panic, I want it to be for something worth panicking over. Like a spider on the wall, 37 feet away. Or maybe my Dirty Dancing DVD won't work. Or a coffee shortage. Or chocolate becoming extinct. 'Cause you never know, it might...
Guess I'll cross those bridges when I get there, too.
2 comments:
What have I done to you to make you so paranoid little girl? Spiders 37 feet I understand. 74 feet I understand, but bridges that are going to be under construction? Oh well, the next time you come to one of those bridges I will hold your hand all the way across, just like I used to.
I like your new page. I'm glad you got to go with Josh all day. That must have been fun.
Maybe you can find some pesticide that sprays 37 feet.
Post a Comment