You ever just have one of those days where you compare yourself to everyone around you? I am so having one of those times. And lately it's been about my faith. I feel that all other women around me are more faithful, more spiritual.
More connected to the Lord than I am.
I don't like feeling this way. And to warn you, this post is a total venting on my part and I'm really sorry.
I love blogs. I am embarrassed to say that I will often spend an hour a day reading other women's blogs. I compare mine to theirs and so many times have thought of deleting mine because it just doesn't measure up to all the others. The other day I found a new one to read. And I just fell in love with this girl. She's close to my age but has the wisdom of someone closer in age to my mother.
She's the epitome of a helpmeet to her husband. She is frugal. She is loving. She's an encourager to not only her man but all the women who read her blog. I felt so inferior and I'm sure it'd grieve her to know that because I know that's not her intention. I plan to continue reading her blog so that I can gain some of the knowledge she's handin' out!
A woman spoke to my mom several years ago about the "White Bread" church she used to attend and my mom didn't quite understand what she meant. She later asked my aunt and my aunt told her that white bread contains no nutrients. It's not filling.
We were talking about it a couple of days ago and yesterday it hit me.
I have a White Bread blog. I just ramble. About a bunch of junk half the time. I'd love to hand out doses of wisdom while making you laugh and keep ya comin' back for more but at this point in my walk, I'm just not there. It'd be so easy to get down about it. Depressed. But I've resolved that I'm not going to. I'm going to continue my blog but I'm also going to be more open about my faith. It's not much right now.
That's for darned sure.
But I want to grow. And as I learn, I hope to share with you my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment