Thursday, April 05, 2007

My Ungrateful Heart

I feel just awful. Awful I tell you.

You know awhile back we sold my car. My car that I loved. And we were driving Holly. Our '85 Suburban that, if we're lucky, gets 8 mpg. Just as were starting to feel the crunch of our gas bill, Josh's parents offer us the little pickup. The 'Possum.

And the whole story behind that silly truck is pretty funny. From the name of it, to the tilt leather seat, to the bedliner flying out of it. The truck has some fun stories.

Yet, I want a new car. It's my downfall. New cars are my downfall! I love them! And they don't have to be new new. Just new to me. I love to find all the little compartments a vehicle has. I like to blast the radio. I like to put a steering wheel cover on it. I just like to have a new rig.

And since I stalled the 'Possum the other day in the middle of the road with a big ol' truck behind me, ohhhh I was hot. I was thinking, "That's it!!! I'm goin' out and gettin' me a new rig!" Not sure how I could do that on my homemakers income.

Maybe if I wore a short skirt.

With a low cut shirt.

And a push-up bra.

Yep, that'll do 'er. I'm sure that'd get me a new rig for sure!

I won't really do that. I'm not that desperate for a new vehicle.

Yet.

No comments: