On Saturday we had a young girl stop by our house. She's only a few years younger than I am but I still see her as a kid since she was in a youth group Josh and I were "adult sponsors" for. Our involvement was brief but in the short time this girl took a liking to us.
We'll call her Mary.
Mary stops by our house every few months out of nowhere. She talks about her boyfriend, her job, life, etc. while she's here.
I've never met said boyfriend but he sounds like a winner. *Rolling my eyes*
She informs us they are living out of her car and have been for the last two months. While sleeping in their car, a semi-truck backed over the hood. I'm dying while she's telling us this. I'm sitting in shock. She's laughing about it, too, but I can tell she's embarrassed. We feed her lunch and sit in comfortable silence for a bit.
Mary says she's just had a run of bad luck. I nod. But inside I just want to tell her that it's not bad luck she's living, it's a sinful life with consequences. I want to tell her to turn her heart back to Jesus and get right with Him. I don't want her to suffer anymore than she already has.
But...I sit quiet. I say nothing. I'm bound by fear.
After a couple of hours, she's heading out. I tell her to bring her boyfriend next time otherwise I'm going to start thinking he's imaginary.
She laughs. She leaves.
It's been four days and still I'm kicking myself for not being more bold.
1 comment:
The great thing about God is that He always gives us another chance to be bold! So just pray that next time you will have more courage. I know I have felt like that before. But just you being there for her and listening and not judging was a ministry to her! Don't be so hard on yourself!
Love you!
Lindsey
Post a Comment