Camping trip: It all boils down to the fact that I survived it. There was nothing forgotten, whew. There were no bugs, praise the Lord. And amazingly, it never rained. We were up at Mt. Rainier, you'd think I would have taken pictures. You'd think. But I just realized that I take for granted the fact that I only live 2 hours away from this magnificent creation that I didn't even consider taking pictures of it.
Let me check photobucket...maybe they have some photos. I could step outside and probably snap a picture, but there may be some trees in the way. Photobucket is so much easier. Oh forget it, I'll find one later....
The couples who came were great. It was alot of fun to meet new people, even though that is my least favorite thing to do. Seriously, I'd rather pretend we know each other than have to shake hands and be introduced. Yeah, I know...I have issues.
We had great food, awesome fellowship and I even endured a hike. Maybe it was only 2.2 miles, but still! I hiked!!
Out of 12 girls that attended, five are pregnant. Three of them named Sarah, one of them being....yours truly. Uh huh, I am. Wow. Kinda crazy to say it, er...write it out loud. But I am and we are thrilled!!! My wonderful husband wanted me to keep it a secret until November!!! Yeahhh, right! Could hardly talk to my SIL for the week after I found out because he didn't want me telling her and I couldn't talk to her and not tell her, so I hardly called or emailed in that time. (Did you notice?!)
So, after the camping trip, Josh decides to head to his sister's house. Seriously, three hours south, so we can tell her in person. He says he just wanted to do something crazy but I think he knew that I'd want to tell her in person and he was right.
We get there, we chat for a bit and she asks, "do you have something to tell me?" Yeah, she already knew. I guess we have been friends for almost 11 years, I'm probably not too hard to read anymore. They're excited for us and it was fun to go down and hang out, even if it was just real quick.
My younger sister is due to have a baby any day and my mom has been bugging me that she doesn't want six grandchildren, she wants seven. So, I was able to tell her that she'll now have seven. Pretty thrilled that lady was. Three daughters and seven grandkids in three years. She loves it.
Anyway, there's my super long post of America. No bears, just lots of pregnant girls. It was a good time and we'll probably go next year...baby and all.
5 comments:
Wohoooooooooooooooo!! Happy prego day! Congrats to you both!
Babies don't camp. Don't you know anything? Geez..
Congrats! I am so excited for you guys.
I'm starting my shopping for baby now...yeah!
Hey Amber...must be the reason you don't camp, eh?
Post a Comment