Friday, September 07, 2007

Shaving is Overrated

Today is a day of miracles. Of sort. How? Why? You ask.

I shaved my legs.

This may not seem like a miracle but I'm thinking the last time I shaved them was back in July, so for the razor to whack down the forest of hairs growing on my legs is indeed a miracle. Of course I equipped the good ol' girl with a new blade but still.

I tried to take a picture of my legs beforehand but seeing as how they haven't had much sun this summer, the glare was too intense for the camera and it turned out to be just a picture of a very bright light.

So, why today did I shave my legs? You might be thinking, "Oh, it's Friday, maybe she has a date with her hot husband tonight?" If you're thinking that, you're incorrect.

No, I shaved the bad boys because I had "the" appointment today. You know the one. The one us humans with female genitalia just luhuhuhuv. The entire time I was shaving I was worried Jaylee had gone outside, run passed the pasture and into the road. I keep yelling, "Jayleeeee!?" and she keeps yelling, "whaaat?!" She'd come in and say hi then return to whatever it was she was doing. Most likely something she's not supposed to do. Also while shaving, I'm reminded why I don't do this on a daily or weekly basis. It takes forever. I could have been doing dishes, reading a book, blogging, folding laundry, knitting...okay, I don't knit...but still. You get the picture.

Shaving my legs is torturous to me. I get bored. I drift off into LaLa Land. And this time I almost fell asleep during the second leg. The results could have been quite dangerous. I just realized yet another reason it's beneficial for me not to shave my legs. You know how "they" say that wearing black is slimming? Well...my legs did look much skinnier before I stripped 'em.

Poor lil buggers, now everyone will know I have cankles.

3 comments:

amber said...

shaved legs signals 'business time'..

Stacy said...

I am right there with ya on the shaving thing...it is NO FUN!

Corie said...

Ok, you had me laughing out loud on this one!!!