Since I only have eight days until Christmas, I thought it might be fun to post a few more Christmas memories until the big day!
After we moved out of the fifth wheel we moved to "The Icky House" and to tell you the truth I don't know that we upgraded any.
The good thing about the place was that it did have a bathroom, an upgrade from the McDonald's bucket, the bad thing (or one of the many) was the Hallway to H-E-double hockeysticks we had to go through to get to it. It was a scary scary hallway I tell you!
The house was like a big open room, cement floor with some outdoor carpet thrown down in the living room. The only source of heat a wood stove. In case you didn't know, you're supposed to buy the wood to put in the stove. You're not supposed to send your daughters to the neighbors when it's dark and take a few pieces.
It was a wonderful time in our lives! It's so fun to be in 8th grade and live in "The Icky House" :) That year, my youngest sister, Megan, had this amazing teacher. She knew our family wasn't going to be having much at Christmas. So, she put us on every charity known to man.
We weren't aware of that until we get a knock on the door one day during Christmas break. My sisters and I were home alone but I wisely opened the door anyway.
A man was standing there with groceries and presents! So, of course I let him in. We were excited for the gifts but more importantly, there was food!
We arranged the presents around the tree.
An hour or so later. We get another knock on the door.
Uh huh. More gifts. More food.
When someone knocked the third time, the three of us looked at each other and the ever-growing mound of gifts under the Christmas tree. We were brilliant I tell you! We each grabbed some presents and hid them. We wouldn't want the next person to see how many we had and then take them to an actual needy family!
I think we ended up answering the door three or four times. Each with food and presents.
It was amazing. And even though at the time we weren't "church goin" folk, I knew. I knew He was providing. I knew He was letting us know He loved us.
His birthday, but He gave us the presents.
It was a great Christmas. "Icky House" and all.
6 comments:
I remember hiding presents. I also remember SOMEBODY scaring me almost to death in that horrible place we called a shower.
Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
Ok, I just read your Fifth wheel story and am not sure whether to laugh or cry! Love to hear about your Chistmas memories!
Erica, I'm not answering anymore of yer dumb questions. And so maybe I tried to scare you a bit, it was paybacks for beating me up.
Oh Kailin, you should laugh. We all do. It's seriously hilarious! It really was good times. :)
I'm a little sad that you aren't going to answer my questions. People usually don't believe my stories about growing up.
So good to hear how God provided and how you were sneaky and naughty back then! :) Just kidding shnookums!
Lindsey
Post a Comment