Monday, December 10, 2007

Bugger, it's Monday

Usually I'm a fan of Mondays but today I'm tired. So, I'd like it to be Saturday. Then I could ask Josh to take care of Jaylee while I nap. Ooooh how nice that would be.

Friday night Amber and I went to my church's Ladies Dessert and Ornament Exchange. While there, I told a couple of the ladies I wanted a dad for Christmas. I've picked the perfect man for my mother. I tell them who he is and they agree. And he just happens to be at the church that night. Considered asking him first, "can you swim?" because really, that's important ya know?

But I didn't ask him that.

Instead I added to my most embarrassing moments list.

He was standing out by my car as we were leaving, so...I took a deep breath and said, "Mr. Jonas, do you date?"

His reply: "I'm married."

Thought about then asking, "So, that probably puts a damper on you marrying my mother?"

His wife doesn't come to church. I apologized, felt a bit sheepish, and told him I'd be praying for her.

I was really embarrassed. But mostly I'm sad. I really wanted him to be my dad for Christmas. I really wanted him to marry my mommy.

Guess I'll have to find another random man to ask if he dates. I just really had my heart set on that one.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow that is embarassing!;)

Michelle said...

ouch... that would be embarassing. keep hunting. :-)

amber said...

Do you date? Still kills me

Kailin said...

Embarrassing...a bit!