Safeway sales ad showed up in my mailbox today. If you buy 2 packs of soda you get THREE FREE! I will not do it. I will not...
I guess if by some miracle I'm under budget on Friday I'll buy it. I just don't see how that's possible.
Today I made a pie with my friend Megan. My name may be Sarah Lee but man, I'm no baker. Ugh. Josh will be home in a bit and I'm hoping he likes it. I did slave away, after all. :) It was fun to make the pies. I don't know why I've never made one before, it was pretty darn simple. Megan is so sweet and encouraging. Totally didn't know what I was doing and the whole time she's telling me I'm doing a good job. I wish I could take her home. :)
She has a little boy a few months younger than Jaylee and it's really funny to watch them. Well, kinda. They fight quite a bit, which I hate. But when they are being nice to each other...they are being realllly nice. Hugs and kisses all around! We joke that in a few years that won't be so cute.
I really should be in my kitchen getting it cleaned up. Breakfast dishes are still on the counter. Bluhhck.
On the menu tonight. Black bean tacos. Putting on my big girl panties and eating corn tortillas...I will like them, I will!
What's for dinner at your place?
6 comments:
"Hot Hoppin' Johns" aka beans and rice, baby!!!
with parmesan wedges aka flour tortillas with parmesan cheese:)
oh we're fancy over here let me tell ya!!
Tonight we're eating seven-layer chicken salad and french bread.
We like the corn tortillas better than the flour. Not sure how you prepare yours...? We like to steam them right before eating. We prefer the steamer appliance that they use at Taco del Mar :) but we use our microwave and just place a couple of tortillas between damp paper towels and heat for 30-40 sec. I've also heard that you can steam corn tortillas in foil in your oven for 5 min at 300 degrees. Then leave them in the warm oven to keep them from drying out. Using two tortillas per taco can help keep your food from falling out.
We had leftover roast with potatoes and carrots. Easy.
Post a Comment