Eight years ago I lost my driver's license and had to go in for a new one.
Each time I went in there were a bajillion people in line and I just could.not.do.it.
The one time I went in that there wasn't a line, I was 145 lbs, I'd been mowing lawns all day, had my hair in a ponytail with grass clippings in it, and was wearing a ratty tank top with a sports bra showing.
That was one hot driver's license picture I tell you.
Two years later I had to go in for a renewal. The man looked at the screen. And looked at me. Then back at the screen again.
His face was puzzled.
Her turns the screen to me so I can see the picture that I've had on my driver's license those past two years.
"Is this you?"
It was.
However since the picture had been taken I'd lost 35 lbs. and had just gotten my hair done about 15 minutes before I went in.
Needless to say, I loved renewing my license in 2003 and I loved my picture. How often do we get to say we like a driver's license picture?!
Fast forward six years, two babies and 35 lbs.
I was not looking forward to renewing my license this year. I was sad to think of giving up that picture. I even considered going in and saying, oops I lost it.
But I didn't need to.
I was able to renew online and I get to keep the same picture!
So, for the next six years I can tell people I'm 110 lbs and if they don't believe me, I'll just whip out the ol' driver's license that says I am.
6 comments:
LOL! Loved it :) I have to renew mine this year. While I'm looking forwards to getting rid of the old picture, I'm hoping that the new one looks nice!
LOL! That is so funny!=) I didn't know you can renew online!!! I would have definitely done that if I knew! I just renewed mine in February. Oh well! At least I know it for the next round=).
Accckk!!! Why did I not know this? I just gave up my favorite photo for one that I don't want to show anyone. Sigh. It pays to read those renewal forms they send you, huh?
Until my purse was stolen 2 years ago I still had the same picture on my drivers' license from when we got married 12 years ago. I was 19 at the time (and 50 lbs lighter) - and I loved the picture. I renewed online a couple of times, obviously - and I was so mad that I had to take a new picture to get a duplicate license. Blah!
I too have a fabulous photo! When I got it taken I asked the gal if I could get an 8x10 2 5x7's and some wallets..she just looked at me like I was from mars..I was soo excited to be able to renew it online. I will be in trouble if I get pulled over tho. =/
LOL, that's awesome! I am definitely going to remember to renew online next year for sure! ;)
Post a Comment