I have 30 posts that have been partially written but never published.
Or have been completely written but I've never had the courage to hit publish.
Today, I thought I'd go through some of them and post a bit from each. You know, for funsies.
Written 6/9/08 here I'm writing about what I let Sugar wear to the grocery store:
For the most part I pick out Sugar's outfit for the day. But if she chooses to accessorize, that's her deal. Whatever floats her boat.
Since the weather isn't nice here today I knew I could dress her in something pretty because she wouldn't go outside and ruin it. Today she's wearing a pretty white dress with flowers on it.
With purple snow boots.
And blue sunglasses.
Purple snow boots on the wrong feet.
We may not have gone outside to play but we did go to the grocery store. Where people could see us.
And the purple boots.
A few women who have been in my shoes years ago came up and smiled and talked about how they just grow up too fast and that there's nothing wrong with letting them wear snow boots in June.
Written 1/19/09 this was about a phone call:
I think we all have at least one person in our life that can call up and not say, "hey, this is so and so."
We just know immediately upon hearing their voice, who they are.
To hear the words coming from a familiar voice can stir a lot of emotions for me. Memories. Some bitter but mostly sweet. Laughter. Tears. Secrets. Joys. Sorrows. Friendship. Love.
My youngest sister called me on Friday.
When I saw her number on my caller ID I almost didn't believe it. We live about 8 miles apart yet hardly see or talk to each other, even though she is one of my favorite people in all the world.
The sound of her voice and the short conversation were enough to make my heart swell.
Written 2/5/09 Never could finish this:
I have been running for so long from what I've been, who I've been. I've been trying so hard to maintain a happy life and put junk behind me. Shoving it in that closet like what Monica had on Friends. To even her closest friends, it seemed like she was a freak about cleanliness and perfection, order in her life. But she had that closet. Seen the episode? Know what I'm talkin' about?
I have that closet.
It's a really big closet packed with a whole lotta crap.
No, really. A whole lotta.
And because of all that crap, I have a difficult time with peace. Just typing the words brings a sort of comfort but also reminders of every reason I shouldn't have it.
Written 6/15/09 I almost can't breathe when I read these words. Oh, the days of having a best friend. Those were my favorite days:
So, I did what I often do when I'm upset.
I went for a drive.
I drove the twenty miles to pick up Josh's paycheck from his boss. His boss lives half a minute from Amber, so I decided to head there.
When I walked in (because we don't knock at each others homes) she was busy vacuuming and cleaning her home but she stopped everything and sat on the couch with me and listened.
She listened while I moaned and groaned about how hard this is.
Okay, I'm done going through drafts. That last one 'bout did me in.
Maybe tomorrow I'll have some fresh junk to share instead of going through the old junk.
2 comments:
sometimes our "stuff" is like that mystery container in the back of the fridge...you know you when you open it cause it's gonna be messy so you pretend you don't see it...eventually the only way to get it clean is to open it and dump it in the soapy water....
It's good to deal with the past just maybe not so much in one day :)
I have stuff in draft too.
I think I'd rather wear snowboots in June than post some of it. I think I have issues about things being nice and tidy when I post. I need to get over it. Life is never nice and tidy. Or if it is, it would be very boring!
Post a Comment