Stuff I'm thinking about today....
Two pregnant friends. One is pregnant with baby number nine, the other pregnant with baby number ten. This warms my heart. Warms.my.heart! I love large families. Love that these families are doing what's best for them. All the while...trying to decide what is best for our family.
Running around in the rain. There was a down pour here today. My sister (the one who just had the appendectomy) and I ran out in it. Through my pasture and back to the house. Drenched. Made me think of another time it rained this hard...I was 24, on my way home from work at Pier 1, with my friend Keri driving in front of me. We pulled over on the freeway at the same time, danced around, got drenched, honked and stared at by other drivers and had a blast. Very few memories of age 24 are fun, so I cherish that one.
Budget. How I love thee and the freedom she brings. Still haven't spent any money we haven't budgeted. Thankful the parts for our pick up ended up being reimbursed. Wow.
People running their mouth. I'm sick of people speaking before thinking. Or even typing before thinking. It's good for me to see, though. Makes me realize, "hey, maybe I should watch what I say (type) so as not to hurt someone's feelers." It's one thing to encourage, it's another to voice an opinion not asked for. K, done with that rant.
A certain 30th birthday in the very near future. As in 8 days away future. Hair appt. Mall appt. Have I ever mentioned I don't like shopping at malls? I don't. Not a fan. But I have a gift card I'll be using. Then I'll be going out to lunch. Since I'm hungry, I'm already trying to decide where I'm eating. Thinking Azteca sounds delish.
House cleaning. Tomorrow is my house cleaning/laundry day. I need to figure out what needs done. I need to make sure I do it! Thinking the baseboards need a good dusting.
The blog name change. I forgot to talk about it since the night my blogged changed is the night I wrote this post. If you've been reading for over a year you know that my blog was previously title "This Beautiful Mess" and wasn't changed to "Little House on the Highway" until after we went OTR. Since we're no longer driving and living out of a Peterbilt I decided to change my blog name. I thought of changing it to something different altogether but really...well, my life is still a beautiful mess. A work in progress. Just today my beautiful girls were out in the mud. Dirt in their fingernails, their mouths, their hair. But they couldn't leave well enough alone, man. Oh, no. They had to traipse their cute little, dirty bodies into my house. Into my kitchen and out on to my living room carpet. I wanted to yell. Growl. Get mad. But I remembered, they're only little so long. I'm sure one day all too soon I'm going to miss it. So, yes they made a mess but it was....
A beautiful mess.
And I loved it.
Then made brownies to drown my sorrows.
What's on your mind lately?
2 comments:
So happy that the budget thing is working out well for you guys!!
Happy day to you!!
I love your beautiful mess. Speaking of which...my own kid rolled in a mud puddle last night (literally) and came home wet and filthy. I'm proud to admit that it didn't bother me in the least.
That's what I call progress :)
Post a Comment