It's Monday morning. My kids are on my nerves and I feel really bad about that. Sometimes my patience is just nil.
On a brighter note, my birthday is in 10 days.
Today is laundry day. I did a load this weekend unexpectedly since I had two extra children I wasn't planning to have. And well, extra kids means that much more dirt thrown around.
The two extra kids were my five year old niece and four year old nephew. My sister had to have her appendix out (sound familiar?) and we asked if we could keep their kiddos. It was a blast. We played in the dirt, on the swingset, they rode bikes and at the end of the evening after dinner and baths, we roasted marshmallows and sang songs out on the deck, tucked all four kids into bed in the same room, read a book and sang some more songs.
And then I died from exhaustion.
But I came back to life.
I'm grocery shopping today. Having a budgeted amount is so fun. Until parts on a pickup take up half that money. Our fund for our rigs isn't built up enough yet to cover the parts needed on our truck. The only fund that was able to cover it was our food budget. Ouch. So, I was clipping and downloading coupons like crazy this weekend and trying to figure out how to get diapers and food for two weeks on the cheap.
We'll see how that goes.
I'm ready to sell (um, or burn) every vehicle in our driveway besides our van.
Not sure if I've mentioned my birthday being in 10 days but, um, it is. Have I hit my goal weight that I wanted to be at by age 30? Heck no. Sigh.
On Friday I surprised (at least I think it was a surprise) my mom with a trip to Seattle and tickets to a Mariner's game. It was so fun. We didn't get home til after 1 am and can I just say...I'm getting too old to stay up that late. I just am.
I nearly fell asleep in church yesterday.
Like 5 times.
This morning I've paid bills and gotten dressed. But thinking I should get something else done too.
Like grocery shopping.
And laundry.
And planning what I'm going to wear on my birthday...you know, the one that's in 10 days.
1 comment:
I hope your sis is doing well after surgery.
Looking forward to your bday too :)
Post a Comment