Tuesday, April 12, 2011

This Phase

I went to lunch with my friend, Lindsey, last Friday.  When I picked her up we small talked for a bit, went to a bike shop to get a new tire for Josh's race and then headed to our destination.

Red Robin.

It's been years since Linds and I have spent time just the two of us.  Without our kids.  Without our husbands.

It was a treat.

We're a couple minutes into staring at our menus when she says, "so how are you really?"

Don't you love a friend who will say that to you?

I admitted that lately I've been struggling.  As I'm sure has been apparent here on my blog.  I told her what I'd told Josh just a few days before.

That I feel like I've been at a job for six years that I'm horrible at.  A job that is so demanding.  A job that I don't seem to do well at, at all.  That if truth be told, I want to quit this job sometimes.  I want to quit this job and find one I'm good at.  Where I'm paid and appreciated.  Awarded and needed.  Even if it means giving up my comfy clothes and easy-going boss.

The fabulous friend that she is, she listened.  And encouraged.

It's just a phase.  I go through them.  This one has definitely been longer than most but it'll pass.  I just really want to start feeling like I'm doing a good job.

And I'm just not feelin' that right now.

No comments: