Monday, April 18, 2011

Conversations

Random conversations of my life in the last week or so that have made me laugh and think.

Me: Good morning, honey!
Spice: Baby?
(Translation: Justin Bieber, stat.)

Me:  Have you found my perfect rig yet?
Jackass friend who just happens to be a car salesman: You mean the relatively new, lower mile SUV that gets good gas mileage and will keep your cost of ownership roughly the same as what you are driving now...nope!
Me: Keep looking.
Jackass friend:  I'm on it!

Me: Your birthday is coming!  When you turn 3 you have to go potty on the toilet!
Spice: But I'm two.

Me: Sugar, what is a word that starts with P?
Sugar: Um, penis starts with p, right?
(seriously! of all the words in her vocabulary, she picks that one?!?!)

Me: I've chewed my fingernails since I was little.
Friend:  Have you ever thought of quitting?
Me: I did once.  Before my dad died.  But then when he died I started biting them again.
Friend: Uh, that was a long time ago.
(good point...)

Me:  Just leaving the gym.  I'll be home soon.
Josh: Okay, I'm just now heating up dinner.  I have a surprise for you.  You can't have dinner til you figure out what's different in the house.
(is the man trying to starve me?!)
(it turned out he replaced our dishwasher while I was at the gym.)

Me:  Spice, who do you want to pray for tonight?
Spice: Amber!

Me: Spice, do you know where Jesus is?
Spice:  In my tummy.

In an email:
Me:  Happy Tuesday!
Chelsea:  It's Wednesday, dork.

Any convos you wanna share?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

umm, not any as nearly interesting as "What starts with 'P'". Kids are just so ... unexpected. I guess this one will do for my interesting one of the week:

Son - 12years: Mom, I want to marry a girl just like you when I grow up.

Me: Aww, that is so sweet!

Son - 12years: Yeah, 'cause I find you really attractive

Me: Huh? OH! Uh, well. I guess that is good considering most women look like me and not like an actress.

Casey said...

While eating at a restaurant there was a VERY fussy baby.

4 year old niece: Uhmm I think they need a spanking.
Me: Oh Zalie, that is just a baby.
Niece (Really loud): Well Auntie Casey, sometimes babies need spankings too!

Janablessed said...

Daisy (my fat cat) from behind the couch: snore

Me: Daisy! What a loud kitty!!

Friend over watching a movie: Oh! I thought that was my tummy growling!!!