The weekend of July 23rd was spent with two friends from high school.
Natalie and Cori.
The three of us went to Natalie's mom's house for the weekend. No kids. No husbands. No to-do list other than relaxing, eating and swimming. And there was some hiking.
| L to R: Me, Natalie, Cori |
That day was the 12th anniversary of my dad drowning. That she remembered was so sweet. That she would talk about it with me, was even better. Sometimes it seems easier to be pretend to be oblivious. It's hard to talk about hard stuff.
But that's what her husband had encouraged her to do.
So. In that moment, the anniversary was acknowledged and that was that. (thank you, girls!)
That was the first anniversary I've not cried. I had a wonderful weekend with friends. I thought about my dad just in that moment and not again for the rest of the weekend.
In fact, I don't think about him everyday anymore. Healing. It's good stuff.
| a bikini. in public. not my best idea. but i wanted a tan all over. |
| we went out for dinner. live entertainment rocked. |
| and there may have been a little pole dancing. |
Okay, there wasn't any pole dancing just some pole posing.
There was laughter, sharing of hearts, quite a bit more laughter (Do you like my fancy bed? I just got it.) and a whole lotta relaxation.
Really hoping this becomes an annual event.
1 comment:
5:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 23: "Pooooooofff." hahaha
Yes! We need to get together annually! Love you.
Post a Comment