I've decided to purchase a cow on my next to trip to the grocery store to keep up with all the butter and cream that is required to make the Pioneer Woman's recipes.
My kids aren't napping anymore.
I just died a little bit admitting that.
I was encouraging a friend today to not believe lies that can sometimes fill our heads (either words we think up or are said to us) when all of a sudden I was hit with the reminder of being told, "you're a fat, selfish, snob" and I had to quickly remind myself that those words are lies. They were then. They are now.
I just slammed my girls' bedroom door. Because I'm mad. Whew. Glad I got that off my chest.
At a stop sign a coupla days ago Spice says, "it's clear, Mama!" so I go. And then she says, "Mama, what's 'clear' mean?" I laughed so hard. Good thing I'd checked and knew that it actually was clear.
Saturday night Josh and I came home from a wedding, started a fire in the woodstove out on the deck, turned up my dad's 1970's Kenwood stereo, grabbed a beer (or 2) made some popcorn and danced and sang with our girls. It was one of my favorite nights of the summer.
I have a terrible memory. I remember the most random stuff, usually numbers, but I never remember important stuff. Like my childhood. I was talking to Josh about it the other day and there's just so little I remember. Bugs me.
Clifford just meowed. He wants outside.
Amber and I are going to collaborate on a book with letters to future selves. Letters to us as the mothers of adult daughters. To remind us of the types of mothers-of-adult-daughters we want to be. We'll likely be the only ones to read it but that's okay. I will read and re-read that bad girl so that I am the type of mama my girls want to be around and come to for advice or just to talk or sit or whatever with when they are adult women.
I'm having my wisdom teeth out soon.
I've been baking up a storm lately. Not sure what my deal is. I wore my apron to the grocery store by accident last week. To be honest I'm more embarrassed about the apron in public than the prom dress. Maybe because the apron was an accident and the prom dress so wasn't.
I'm putting us back on a budget. Which means less driving around. Less spending. Less being fun.
I overhead Sugar say to Spice, "let's pretend we're sisters and we like each other." To some it would be funny. For me it hits too close to home.
We started school yesterday. Can ya tell?
The other night my sister and BIL were over and the kids were playing. Spice hit her head on the coffee table and started to cry. I picked her up to check her over and Jerry said, "she's bleeding." Sure enough there was a lot of blood. I panicked. I looked at Meg and said, "what do I do?" She grabbed Spice and said, "you give her to me."
Megan and Jerry both used to volunteer with a local fire department and both are trained for situations like this and I was so glad they were there.
It was amazing to see my sister in action. She took Spice, set her on the counter, looked it over and determined that while it was deep, she was fine. I would have been fuhlipping out had they not been there. We put pressure on it and within no time the bleeding had stopped. I would have rushed that kid to the ER for stitches. She was her chipper little self within the hour and has been just fine. I haven't been able to brush her hair though because some of it is stuck in the scab. Yum, huh? You're welcome.
Josh put in a 14 hour day yesterday. I love that he's not lazy. He never complains but is always saying he's so thankful for his job. I love that he's a hard worker. I love that he doesn't expect or depend on anyone else to provide for our family.
That's hot.
1 comment:
Wish there was a "like" button. I just like it all.
Post a Comment