This morning I locked myself out of the house whilst wearing my pajamas.
But not before I stepped on a tack with my bare feet.
I had a bit of panic attack freak out deal Monday regarding some homeschoolishness. It all started when a lapbook I ordered and tried to put together was not at all going as planned. "How can I teach my kids when I can't even put together a lapbook!?"
So I went in the bathroom. Locked the door. And didn't cry. Because I couldn't. I couldn't even find my breath for the longest time. There was a lot of gasping. Sigh.
Then on Tuesday I looked some stuff up, found some resources. And calmed my freak down.
This morning Sugar says to me, "I'm like a princess. But poor." I got a good laugh outta that.
I saw my baby sister yesterday for the first time in months. I felt like it was my birthday!
I've decided not to cancel my membership to the gym. At Josh's insistence. I've gone for the last three days thanks to Amber's girls being willing to watch my kids while we go. I feel GOOD. Tired. Sore. But oh so good. I rode my bike on Saturday. Just 15 miles, but that was good too. Then the wind tried to kill me.
Josh has been gone for the last two nights for work. About 8 hours away. I slept on the couch both nights. With a gun.
We've been having smoothies for breakfast lately. Spinach, almond milk, flax seed, pure maple syrup (or honey), almond butter, frozen berries and a banana. So good. Oh so good. Spice loves them, Sugar likes them.
I've lost three lbs this week. I wanted to lose five and thought it was a ridiculous goal but maybe I'll see it. We'll be in San Diego in just over a couple of months. I want to be able to wear a swimsuit without embarrassment.
We're headed to friends for the weekend. Jim and Emily's. I love that blogging brought us together. The internet has been awesome in finding new friendships.
Oooh, funny (random) story about meeting blog friends. Over Memorial weekend last year we were going camping with some friends we'd never met. I "knew" them through Twitter and loved them in 140 characters or less. They invited us to go camping and we agreed. Josh's dad was skeptical. He tells Josh, "you better take your gun." Josh's reply? "Oh, I will. But from what Sarah tells me about Cortland, I'm sure he'll have at least one or four of his own." Was too funny. And then of course, Cortland did. And no one needed them other than to talk about them. :)
I'm supposed to be schooling kids. I should probably do that since I just heard them head to the laundry room and pour dog food. Which means they'll be trying to eat it in 3, 2, ...
1 comment:
ha ha! I love that you went camping with Courtland. And that he brought guns. MrC would be a lot more hesitant to meet up with internet people!
Post a Comment