Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sisters


I hate cheesiness, it makes me gag, but sometimes, you just have to be cheesy. So, my post today may seem like that. But I don't care.


I have two younger sisters. They are four and six years younger than I am. I have a different dad than they do. While growing up, my thought was that I could have done without them. They drove me crazy. They were closer in age and closer in heart. Most of the latter was my fault. I set myself apart from them as much as possible. Why? I dunno.


Looking back, I realize I wouldn't trade all our memories for the world. But if you'd asked me that when I was 8 or 9, heck, give me a piece of candy and you could take them both!


A lot of the time we shared a room. Erica and I shared a full sized bed and Megan, even though she was the youngest, had her own. If she'd shared a bed with one of us, we'd all end up wet in the morning, so Erica and I didn't complain that we shared. :) Our bedtime was around 8 but we'd be in there laughing and talking and getting into trouble until closer to 9. Our relationship was extreme, we had lots of fun when we were having fun and we were absolutely awful to each other when we wanted to be. I wish now I'd been more loving, patient, forgiving...


During summer vacation they'd go to Seattle and spend a few weeks with their dad. Ohhh how I longed for them to leave and then...when they were gone, how I longed for them to come home. I was lonely without them. Even though we tormented each other, it just wasn't the same when they were gone.


Some of my most missed memories are times I spent with them. I miss living in the same house with them or some days I miss living in the same fifth wheel with them. :)


Even though we're adults and often still drive each other crazy, they're two of my very best friends.
Erica, Megan...I love you and wouldn't trade you for the world.
Love, Sarah Diane





No comments: