Friday, February 23, 2007

Slide Show of My Dad

I've mentioned in previous posts about my dad. But for anyone who may be new to my blog, let me share a bit. Not sure why, but I'm feeling a lil sentimental today.

My parents were never married, I lived with my mom and saw my dad on the occasional weekend. We moved closer to him when I was in High School, so I got to see more of him. He was a Graphic Arts Designer and owned his own business. After Josh and I got married I would go to his shop (my Grandpa's garage) and work with him. Basically I just watched and looked forward to going out to lunch! :) It was during this time that we actually got to know each other. In July of '99 Josh and I went on a vacation to Disneyland and then to San Diego for our first anniversary. Two nights before we were to come home my mom calls our hotel to inform us my dad had passed away. He was floating the river with some friends and their boat flipped. I've said before I don't know all that happened and don't care to. But I do know he wasn't wearing his life jacket and he didn't know how to swim.

I am so thankful to Jesus for that last year I got to spend with him.

A little about him:
He was funny. He was loyal. He had an infectious laugh. He was smart. He was athletic. He kinda spoke with a southern drawl even though he was from Washington State. He loved beer. He loved his family. He loved his friends. He loved softball. He was a die hard Huskies fan. He was always there to lend a helping hand.

To know him, was to love him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah Lee,
What a wonderful tribute to your dad. There is one thing you forgot though. He loved you...very much. mom

Michelle said...

Sarah, I think we may have had the same (if not very very similar) wedding dress!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I loved your slide show, brought tears to my eyes. Mark would have loved it too. He was a NICE man, even if I may be biased cuz he was my brother!