Thursday, September 06, 2007

Feeling Loved

I love, love days like today.

This morning I take Jaylee to the park. At the beginning of the summer, we'd go for coffee (no, I don't give her coffee) and then to the park. The first few times she'd cry as we left and I'd explain to her little self that she needs to thank mama and be glad for the time she got to spend with the toys. Pretty sure she heard blah blah blah toys, blah blah.

The park is small and full of orange clad inmates. Seriously. They clean the park in the morning. And honestly, I go in the morning because I feel safer than later in the day when more people are out. We say hi to our inmate friends and Jaylee plays on the toys.

This morning was no different. Coffee. Inmates. Toys. We haven't been to the park in a couple of weeks and I was just sure we'd have drama as we left.

Me: Okay, Jaylee, it's time to go home.

Jaylee: getting off the toy Thank you, Mama for toys. Byyyye tow-weeees!

And off we go. No drama. Just a sweet lil girl who warmed my heart and made me realize maybe, just maybe she'll turn out okay.

Then, I come home. Check my email and the blogs I love. And come upon Melissa's post for the day. Made me one happy Sarah, I tell you what. Melissa designs and creates cards and then sells them. One card is about me. And I feel honored beyond honored that "You...are a kick in the pants" is about me. Go check her blog out and go check her Etsy as well.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Um, you are loved, duh.

amber said...

I concur with Melissa, you are...I mean I *kinda* like ya