I wrote my post yesterday and left the computer. Kristie is always so great about commenting on just 'bout every post. By the time I'd gone to bed last night, she'd not commented.
I was out of bed before 5 this morning. Holy cow. And some of my first thoughts were about yesterday's post. I had sat here and typed away, mainly for myself, getting my thoughts out but this morning I was thinking that maybe I was sounding like a whiner. I came downstairs and decided I'd delete the post. You know, 'cause if I deleted it from my archives then that meant surely no one had already read it...
Uh huh...
But I come down here, check my email and in there are three encouraging comments on yesterday's post. It was so nice to be reassured that y'all know me and know that I wasn't complaining but venting what was on my heart. Thank you for being my friends. Thank you for praying for and encouraging me.
I love you guys so much!
***************
In other random Culver news:
I've talked about it plenty of times. Housework is not my strong suit. I kinda enjoy it but usually fall so far behind in it that it becomes a huhuhuge chore. I get overwhelmed and the result is often my amazing husband helping me to catch up.
This has not been the case.
I've not used my dishwasher in two days, yet I have no dirty dishes in the sink. I've been doing them by hand! (I know, Mom, you're wondering if I'm ill) I've been doing them throughout the day, so there aren't many to do at a time. I can listen to music, talk with Jaylee, stare out the window and just enjoy my hands in the nice warm water. It's been relaxing!
Laundry, oh my, the FAPA part (fold and put away) is usually something that doesn't get done. I'll wash and dry a load of clothes. Throw it on my bed and start another load. During this time the dog has found herself a nice warm bed. I'll do 10 loads of laundry in a day because I fail to complete just one load a day. I see this huge pile of clothes, that were clean mind you, but are wrinkled, now covered in dog hair and there are so many of them I don't want to FAPA them.
Early last week I caught myself up. And have since kept up. I've washed, dried and FAPA'd one load a day since. We came back from Portland and within 10 minutes of being home I had started a load of laundry. It's been kinda nuts. I've just been so thankful to the Lord for giving me a desire to keep my home, I've been praying for it and He answered.
Sure, I'm probably nesting but it's getting addicting and I'm enjoying myself.
Been where I have been? Ask Jesus for a desire to enjoy the dishes or laundry or cleaning the bathroom. It may take a while to see a change in yourself but it'll happen.
3 comments:
Love you too!:)
will you come to my house today? They laundry baskets are a bit full here!
So glad that you are finding satisfaction with your house cleaning situation!:)
Have a GREAT day! And take some pictures!;)
Okay, I did about 10 loads of laundry today and it is all...on my bed! Guess it's time to go FAPA (I love that by the way)!
The FAPA part of laundry is the tough part for me too! :)
WOW!- Dishes by hand, that is impressive!!!
Post a Comment