While I was gone I never told you about one of the greatest moments of my life of 2007. Do you remember in 1987, when Johnny got Baby out of the corner? Do you? Oh, how I do...


I may have only been seven years old but how I loved, loved that movie. My sisters and I would pretend we could do "the lift" and we'd put on dresses that flipped up as we spun around. Oh, the 80's...
So, 2007 marked the 20th Anniversary of Dirty Dancing. Amber loves the movie as much as I do. When we found out it would be playing ON THE BIG SCREEN in select theaters we were quick to find out where the nearest one from us would be.
200 miles away.
Uh huh, we went.
Childless.
Husbandless.
It was amazing.
We left about 10 hours before the movie started, even though it was only going to take us about 3 to get there. We went to an outlet mall and found ourselves in Claire's, the hair and ear accessories shop, you know-for girls 13 and under. It was as if we were back in 1987. I couldn't get enough of the place. I bought this really large, neon green belt and wore it over my shirt for the rest of our trip. The girl working in the store wasn't our biggest fan. We had told her we came into the store to get out of the rain, part way through our shopping experience she informed us it had stopped raining and we could leave.
But we're having fun in here!
We went to lunch at Red Robin. Made up stories about the people at other tables. Don't judge us, you do it, too.
We still had a few hours to kill, seriously. So, we found ourselves at a Walgreen's. Where I found a Grey's Anatomy board game for under 10 bucks! Along with some candy for the movie and other random junk. We were thrilled! Thrilled, I say!
We parked ourselves at the theater and still had two hours to wait. So, we did what most people do, we measured our noses with the Rolos we'd bought
And we played the board game til there were no more questions to answer. And then...then came movie time! We get our drinks and our popcorn and we sit ourselves in our seats and basically we squealed with delight. And we weren't the only ones there. However, we were the only ones who had driven 200 miles. When the movie came on everyone screamed and clapped and I think I may have had a tear in my eye. It was the best experience of my life.
Watching that movie on the big screen was incredible!
Why'd I post about this today? I dunno. Probably because I have nothing else to write about and I remembered this wonderful story was never told.
Well, at least this pregnant-brained girl doesn't remember telling the story...
3 comments:
OHHH.. the most amazing day ever.. She carried a watermelon on the big screen!! Loved it
Of course that story needed to be told! Now is Amber the one you planned the Christmas sweater/fanny pack adventure with?
Loved that movie! That was the first soundtrack I ever bought:) She's Like the Wind - songwriting at it's finest:)
Post a Comment