So tonight I got to meet the Francine Rivers. No, really. I did!!!
Erica and I get there and we realize she's signing books.
Duh.
Except that I didn't bring any of her books with me to sign. I couldn't justify buying one of the books I'd already read just to have her sign it. However, if the funds had been present in my wallet, I so woulda.
But they weren't.
So, Erica being the brilliant girl that she is decides we should have Francine (yeah, first name basis) sign our tickets.
We get in line. I'm considering putting my hands under my armpits, 'cause that's what everyone does when they get nervous, right? It's almost my turn. Oh, man.
And then it's my turn and I don't know what to say and all that comes out is, "Hi, I'm lame. I only have my ticket for you to sign." She smiled. Signed my ticket. And I'm sure in her head she's thinking I'm a real winner.
Why do I post for you to see my retardness? I don't know. See how much I love you guys?!
4 comments:
So cool! I don't think that's lame at all. I love her books, Atonement Child makes me bawl every time I read it.
I think that's incredibly creative actually. EVERYBODY was doing the book thing I'm sure. I so love to go against the flow.
I think we all love you BECAUSE of your retardedness. You make us laugh!
Wow!
I just started Atonement Child yesterday morning...
Post a Comment